New and Revised D&D 5e Character Sheets


In about half an hour I will playtesting two new variations of my D&D 5e character sheet. For one I modified the back page of the mage sheet to make it suitable for a warlock. Specifically that means I removed the numbers of spell slots by level and replaced them with for space for the total number of slots and their level, since warlocks only start with 1 slot and max out at 4, and all of their slots are the highest level they can currently cast.

The other is for Farga, my dwarf fighter who is a not-entirely-honest merchant in his downtime. I have replaced his back page with an inventory sheet, sorted into Backpack, Belt Pouch(es), and everything else. I have a more detailed inventory sheet on a separate piece of paper; it holds only his lifestyle-related inventory, so it rarely comes into play during a session, but still needs to be tracked since it does change how much cash he has on hand when adventuring.

After printing out the warlock sheet a few minutes ago, I decided to adapt the grimoire yet again to make it suitable for the optional Spell Points system in the DMG (p 288). It will have spaces for Max and Current SP, and the list of how many SP each level of spell costs.

I have also decided to do something that will hopefully make people’s lives a bit easier. As it stands I have a standard character sheet, with skills on the back and a handy Character Notes space on the front, and a mage/single-page sheet with the skills replacing the Character Notes space, a stand-alone grimoire, and several variations of stand-alone inventory sheets. I am going to attempt to get that into no more than three separate documents: one for the default sheet with the Character Notes space, one for grimoire and inventories that will not be printed on the back of their character’s sheet (so they have a line for player/GM/campaign name), and one that has the mage sheet’s front and lots of options for page two (the three different grimoires and at least one inventory sheet).

Since those are all currently scattered across about a half dozen OpenOffice documents, it may take me a few days, but as always I’ll post here as soon as I get them uploaded.

On a related note, I think I may have finally finished my D&D 5e Character Library spreadsheet. I tore it apart and completely rebuilt it, so hopefully it will now accommodate any character. One major addition is a “Mod” column on skills, which gives you a place to put your bonus for the rogue’s expertise or similar abilities.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s